Under the National Immunisation Program, free flu vaccines
are provided to some groups who are at higher risk of complications from flu. Not all patients are eligible for the National Immunisation Program so there may be a small out of pocket cost if you are not in a high risk category.
- children aged 6 months to less than 5 years
- all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people aged 6 months and over
- people aged 6 months and over with certain medical conditions that increase their chance of severe influenza and its complications
- pregnant women (at any stage during pregnancy)
- people aged 65 years and over